Are you planning a pilgrimage trip to Shirdi? Shirdi, a small town in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, is considered one of the holiest places in India. This town is known as the abode of Shri Sai Baba, a saint who has millions of devotees around the world. In this article, we will take a look at the top five places to visit in Shirdi.
1. Shri Sai Baba Samadhi Mandir
The Shri Sai Baba Samadhi Mandir is the main attraction of Shirdi, which attracts millions of devotees every year. This temple is built over the Samadhi of Shri Sai Baba and is one of the richest temples in India. The temple complex also includes a museum, where you can see the belongings and personal items of Shri Sai Baba.
2. Dwarkamai Masjid
The Dwarkamai Masjid is another important place to visit in Shirdi. It was the place where Shri Sai Baba spent most of his life, and it has a significant place in the hearts of his devotees. It is said that Shri Sai Baba used to light a fire in this mosque to keep it warm during the winter season. Today, you can still see the stone on which he used to sit.
3. Shani Shingnapur
Shani Shingnapur is a small village located about 70 km from Shirdi. It is famous for its temple dedicated to Lord Shani, the god of justice. The unique thing about this village is that there are no doors or locks in any of the houses, and people believe that Lord Shani protects them from theft and other crimes.
4. Sai Heritage Village
If you want to know more about the life and teachings of Shri Sai Baba, you must visit the Sai Heritage Village in Shirdi. It is a museum that showcases the history of Shirdi and the life of Shri Sai Baba. You can also see the replica of his Samadhi and the temple where he used to meditate.
5. Wet N Joy Water Park
If you are traveling with your family, the Wet N Joy Water Park in Shirdi is a must-visit place. It is one of the biggest water parks in Maharashtra and offers a variety of water rides and activities for all age groups. It is an ideal place to relax and have fun with your loved ones.
Shirdi is a place that offers a unique spiritual experience for every traveler. These are the top five places to visit in Shirdi, but there are many other places you can explore as well. So, plan your trip to Shirdi and get ready for a soulful journey.
- What is the best time to visit Shirdi?
- The best time to visit Shirdi is from October to February when the weather is pleasant.
- Is photography allowed in the Shri Sai Baba Samadhi Mandir?
- Yes, photography is allowed inside the temple complex, but not in the main shrine area.
- How far is Shani Shingnapur from Shirdi?
- Shani Shingnapur is located about 70 km from Shirdi.
- Is there any entry fee for visiting Sai Heritage Village?
- Yes, there is an entry fee for visiting the Sai Heritage Village. The fee is nominal.
- Are there any accommodation options available in Shirdi?
- Yes, there are plenty of accommodation options available in Shirdi, ranging from budget to luxury hotels. You can choose according to your preferences and budget.
- Can we take a dip in the holy pond inside the Shri Sai Baba Samadhi Mandir?
- No, visitors are not allowed to take a dip in the holy pond inside the temple complex.
- What are some other nearby places to visit from Shirdi?
- Some of the other nearby places to visit from Shirdi include Nashik, Trimbakeshwar, and Aurangabad.
- Is there any dress code to enter the Shri Sai Baba Samadhi Mandir?
- There is no strict dress code, but it is recommended to wear modest clothing while visiting the temple.
- How can we reach Shirdi?
- Shirdi is well connected by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is in Aurangabad, which is about 130 km from Shirdi. The nearest railway station is in Kopargaon, which is about 16 km from Shirdi.
- Can we visit Shirdi during monsoon season?
- Yes, you can visit Shirdi during monsoon season, but be prepared for heavy rains and occasional flooding.