Explore the top 30 free things to do in Singapore that won’t cost you a penny. Discover the best attractions, activities, and experiences to make the most of your time in this vibrant city without breaking the bank.
Singapore, known as the “Lion City,” is a captivating destination that offers an array of experiences for travelers. From stunning architectural marvels to lush green parks, this island city-state has something for everyone. But what if you’re traveling on a budget? Fret not! In this article, we present you with a comprehensive list of the best 30 free things to do in Singapore that won’t cost you anything. So, let’s dive into the heart of this vibrant city and explore its hidden treasures without spending a dime!
The Best 30 Free Things to Do in Singapore that Won’t Cost You Anything
- Gardens by the Bay
- Experience the magical Supertree Grove, Cloud Forest, and Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay, a futuristic garden oasis. Marvel at the striking vertical gardens of the Supertrees and catch the enchanting Garden Rhapsody light and sound show at night.
- Marina Bay Sands SkyPark
- Head to the iconic Marina Bay Sands SkyPark for breathtaking panoramic views of the city’s skyline and the stunning Marina Bay. Capture Instagram-worthy photos against the backdrop of Singapore’s impressive skyline.
- Merlion Park
- Don’t miss the chance to take a selfie with the iconic Merlion, Singapore’s mythical creature, at Merlion Park. Enjoy the scenic views of Marina Bay and the surrounding cityscape from this picturesque spot.
- Sentosa Island Beaches
- Enjoy the sun, sand, and sea at Sentosa Island’s pristine beaches, including Siloso Beach and Palawan Beach. Relax, swim, and indulge in beach activities without spending a dime.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Take a leisurely stroll through the lush Singapore Botanic Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and admire the diverse flora. Witness the colorful orchids at the National Orchid Garden, which is free for Singaporeans and PRs.
- Haji Lane
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant street art and quirky boutiques of Haji Lane, a charming and eclectic shopping destination. Discover unique fashion finds, vintage treasures, and delectable cafes in this hipster haven.
- Chinatown Heritage Centre
- Discover the rich cultural heritage of Singapore’s Chinatown at the Chinatown Heritage Centre. Explore the recreated shophouse and learn about the lives of early Chinese immigrants.
- Little India
- Dive into the lively atmosphere of Little India, where you can savor Indian cuisine and explore bustling markets. Don’t forget to visit the colorful Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple.
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Marvel at the intricate architecture of the Sri Mariamman Temple, Singapore’s oldest Hindu temple. Admire the ornate sculptures and vibrant decorations that depict Hindu deities.
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum
- Visit the grand Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum to learn about Buddhist art and culture. Explore the sacred relic chamber and witness the evening chanting ceremony.
- MacRitchie Treetop Walk
- Embark on the MacRitchie Treetop Walk, a scenic hiking trail that offers breathtaking views from the treetops. Keep an eye out for native wildlife, such as long-tailed macaques and monitor lizards.
- Southern Ridges Walk
- Take a refreshing walk along the Southern Ridges, connecting various parks and offering stunning vistas. Enjoy the lush greenery and architectural marvels like the Henderson Waves Bridge.
- Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Catch free concerts, dance performances, and exhibitions at Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay. Check their schedule for free events and be enthralled by local and international talents.
- National Museum of Singapore
- Dive into Singapore’s history and culture at the National Museum of Singapore. Uncover the nation’s past through captivating exhibits and interactive displays.
- ArtScience Museum
- Immerse yourself in the world of art and science at the ArtScience Museum. Engage with thought-provoking exhibitions and hands-on activities.
- Singapore Symphony Orchestra Concerts
- Enjoy melodious tunes at free concerts by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Check their website for outdoor performances and community events.
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
- Hike through the lush Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, home to diverse wildlife and rare plant species. Climb to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill, the highest point in Singapore.
- Labrador Nature Reserve
- Explore the Labrador Nature Reserve’s rich biodiversity and uncover its World War II relics. Enjoy the coastal walk and visit the serene Berlayer Creek.
- Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery
- Find peace and tranquility at the Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, the largest Buddhist temple in Singapore. Admire the stunning architecture and serene surroundings.
- Singapore City Gallery
- Gain insights into Singapore’s urban planning and development at the Singapore City Gallery. Discover the city’s transformation from past to present.
- Quayside Isle at Sentosa Cove
- Enjoy the waterfront promenade and stunning yachts at Quayside Isle. Relax by the marina and savor the beautiful sunset views.
- Asian Civilisations Museum
- Delve into Asian art, culture, and heritage at the Asian Civilisations Museum. Learn about the region’s diverse cultures and artistic traditions.
- St. Andrew’s Cathedral
- Admire the Neo-Gothic architecture of St. Andrew’s Cathedral, the largest cathedral in Singapore. Attend a Sunday service to experience the cathedral’s spiritual ambiance.
- Henderson Waves Bridge
- Walk along the iconic Henderson Waves Bridge, the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore. Enjoy the scenic views of Mount Faber and Telok Blangah Hill Park.
- Kampong Glam
- Discover the vibrant Malay heritage and heritage shophouses at Kampong Glam. Visit the majestic Sultan Mosque and explore the charming Haji Lane.
Q: Is entry to the Singapore Botanic Gardens free? A: Yes, entry to the Singapore Botanic Gardens is absolutely free for all visitors.
Q: What is the best time to visit the Gardens by the Bay? A: The best time to visit Gardens by the Bay is in the evening, just before sunset, to witness the stunning light show at the Supertree Grove.
Q: Are there any free guided tours available at the National Museum of Singapore? A: Yes, the National Museum of Singapore offers free guided tours on selected days. It’s best to check their website for the latest tour schedules.
Q: Can I access the Southern Ridges Walk at any time of the day? A: Yes, the Southern Ridges Walk is accessible throughout the day, but it’s recommended to start early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the heat.
Q: Are there any free shuttle services to Sentosa Island? A: Yes, there are free shuttle services available to Sentosa Island. The Sentosa Express monorail also offers free rides within the island.
Q: Is photography allowed inside the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum? A: Yes, photography is allowed inside the temple and museum, but do remember to be respectful of the sacred space.
Singapore has a plethora of attractions and experiences to offer, and you don’t need to spend a fortune to enjoy them. From exploring beautiful gardens and parks to experiencing the rich cultural heritage, this city has something to delight every traveler. So pack your bags, get ready to explore the best 30 free things to do in Singapore that won’t cost you anything, and create unforgettable memories on a budget.