Mount Abu is a hill station located in the Sirohi district of Rajasthan, India. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India due to its scenic beauty, rich cultural heritage, and pleasant weather. Mount Abu is also famous for its temples, lakes, and wildlife. In this article, we will explore the 10 most interesting places to visit in Mount Abu.
1. Dilwara Jain Temples
Dilwara Jain Temples are a group of temples located about 2.5 kilometers from Mount Abu. These temples were built between the 11th and 13th centuries and are renowned for their intricate marble carvings and ornamental designs. The temples are dedicated to various Jain Tirthankars and are considered one of the most beautiful Jain pilgrimage sites in the world.
2. Nakki Lake
Nakki Lake is a beautiful lake located in the heart of Mount Abu. It is surrounded by hills and has a serene ambiance that attracts tourists from all over the world. Visitors can take a boat ride in the lake, go for a picnic, or just relax and enjoy the scenic beauty.
3. Guru Shikhar
Guru Shikhar is the highest peak in Mount Abu and is located about 15 kilometers from the main town. It offers a panoramic view of the surrounding hills and is a popular spot for trekking and hiking.
4. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary
The Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is spread over an area of 288 square kilometers and is home to a variety of flora and fauna. Visitors can spot animals like leopards, sloth bears, wild boars, and many species of birds.
5. Achalgarh Fort
Achalgarh Fort is a historical fort located about 11 kilometers from Mount Abu. It was built in the 14th century and is famous for its impressive architecture and rich history.
6. Sunset Point
Sunset Point is a popular spot among tourists to witness the beautiful sunset. It offers a breathtaking view of the sun setting behind the Aravalli range.
7. Toad Rock
Toad Rock is a rock formation in the shape of a toad located near the Nakki Lake. It is a popular spot for photography and is considered a natural wonder.
8. Adhar Devi Temple
Adhar Devi Temple is a popular temple located about 3 kilometers from the main town. It is dedicated to Goddess Durga and is located on a hilltop, providing a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape.
9. Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University
The Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University is a spiritual institution located in Mount Abu. It is famous for its meditation programs and attracts visitors from all over the world.
10. Honeymoon Point
Honeymoon Point is a romantic spot located about 2 kilometers from the main town. It offers a beautiful view of the surrounding hills and is a popular spot among couples.
In conclusion, Mount Abu is a must-visit destination for those who want to experience the beauty and serenity of nature. It offers a perfect mix of natural beauty and cultural heritage that will leave you spellbound. So, plan your trip to Mount Abu today and explore these 10 interesting places.
- What is Mount Abu famous for? Mount Abu is famous for its scenic beauty, rich cultural heritage, pleasant weather, and beautiful temples.
- How can I reach Mount Abu? Mount Abu can be reached by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is Udaipur, and the nearest railway station is Abu Road.
- What is the best time to visit Mount Abu? The best time to visit Mount Abu is between November and February when the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges between 12 and 29 degrees Celsius.
- Is there any entry fee for visiting these places? Yes, there is an entry fee for some of the places mentioned in the article, like Dilwara Jain Temples, Achalgarh Fort, and Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Are there any accommodations available in Mount Abu? Yes, there are plenty of accommodations available in Mount Abu, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts.